Monday, April 12, 2010

Dear McDonalds (the one beside Wendy's), I Miss You! Love, Staci

Stuck in line at McDonalds again.
It's so easy to please the kids with a Chicken McNugget Happy Meal and it's fast. I have been going to the same McDonalds for as long as I can remember. My mom ate there when she was pregnant with me, so even before I can remember! Imagine my horror when I got in that same ol' left hand lane to turn in and bam! The building was in piles of rubble. A big sign said they would be building a new McDonalds and would open back up in June. Ugh. My 6 year old son actually started crying. I think he was in shock or something. But I quickly reminded him that not all hope was lost for a Happy Meal because we also have another Mickey D's on the far end of town. It seems like it takes forever to get there but it's really only a few miles.

We pulled in the drive thru lane and found we were about 15 cars down the line which is a long line for our town. Then I remembered it was one of them fancy two laner drive thru's. You know, the ones where the cars fight to merge first and the money takers get everybody's orders switched around because a bunch of meanies pulled out in front of the nice lady in the maroon car who had a 6 year old screaming he was "sssoooo hungry" in the back seat! Grrrr. All I know is nobody would let me pull up. I must have seen 8 cars go by me after I ordered. I was on the inside lane so I made a mental note to never ever get in that lane again. We finally got our food and I felt confident that our BBQ sauce would be in the bag and didn't check like I usually do because the boy assured me the sauce was in the bag and I just wanted to get outta there! There was no sauce. Call me picky but I don't like nuggets without sauce. It's just not the same. They never forgot the sauce at my old McDonalds.

Fast forward to yesterday. I went to McDonalds again. I did not get in the inside lane. I made sure they gave me sauce. But I didn't make sure I had a straw. Grrrrr. No straw in a car while driving = no drinking. This never happened at my old McDonalds. Fast forward to today. I know, I know. Two days in a row. Sue me. I got in the correct lane, made sure I had sauce AND a straw, and merrily went on my way. But I didn't count the nuggets!    

Dear McDonalds (the one beside Wendy's),

I Miss You!

Love, Staci

2 comments:

  1. When I went to Seymour last month, -I KID YOU NOT- at least 10 people asked me if my Grandma was going to be okay since they closed her McDonald's! She scored some bricks from the rubble because one of the demolition men remembered that he had seen her there pretty much every day. She's super bummed because the other McDonald's is too far to walk for her. I don't know how she's doing without her plain cheeseburger and unsweetened ice tea and apple pie twice/ day! June can't come fast enough for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny because I seriously almost put a side note in this post about your Grandma. She popped in my mind as soon as we drove off because I almost always saw her inside when we went through the drive thru :)

    ReplyDelete