Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Taco Bell Take Home Taco Bar - A Review

Taco Bell "Take Home Bar" Bag 


I kept seeing the commercial for Taco Bell's new "Take Home Taco Bar" and I couldn't wait to try it! My family loves taco night. I loved the idea that I don't have to cook or cut up tomatoes but we still get to make our own taco's. At first I thought why in the world did Taco Bell come up with this idea when you can just buy the big pack of taco's already made up. But then I remembered all the times I tried to heat up a taco after it already had lettuce on it. It would come out all gooey and the lettuce would be super slimy. Yuk! Plus it's just "fun" to make a taco yourself, especially as a kid. So tonight was the night. The menu said the price was normally $16.99 and would feed four people. I happen to know that on Tuesdays, they drop the price to $12.99. It's really a great deal. You get 1 pound of taco meat, beans with cheese, seasoned rice, 5 taco shells, 5 tortillas, 2 servings of nacho chips, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, salsa, and reduced fat sour cream. I also asked for two cups of the fiesta salsa which is what they use to top their fresco taco's - love it! I don't care for onions normally but the fiesta salsa is dynamite even with the onion. When they handed me the bag I was surprised at how huge it was! It was a cute little bag, too.

Taco Bell Beans, Meat, & Rice
Taco Shells and Tortillas
 Is it crazy that I was actually excited to see how they packaged everything? Then call me crazy because I couldn't wait to get it all laid out. I even told Hunter he could invite his little neighbor friend over to eat with us. While he ran to his friends house I opened everything up. They serve the meat, beans, and rice in a big black tray with 3 sections. Then the cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa, and sour cream in another identical tray. They give you the shells and tortillas in a mexican pizza box (I wondered where they were!) and the 2 servings of chips in a bag. The serving sizes were decent except for the sour cream. (oh and the 3 napkins??...lol) We needed at least twice the amount that was given. There was a ton of rice and beans. If you like a lot of tomatoes and cheese, there may not be quite enough. Just think of how much they put on regular taco's and taco supreme's. If that's ok with you, you will have plenty. We decided to put a box of store bought taco shells in the oven as well. Everyone enjoyed their meal! Later, it was great to be able to heat up the meat, beans, and rice in the microwave. The other tray was easy to just store in the fridge until we wanted more.
Taco Bell Take Home Bar Toppings
Tip: If you like Nacho Supreme's - ask for a little cup of nacho cheese too. You can easily make your own nacho supreme, which is one of my favorites.



I have to give the Taco Bell take home bar a thumbs up! Tuesday night might just be our new taco night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment