|Shawn and Hunter at the Newport Aquarium|
- Take the family to the movies at the Great Escape theatre. Great Escape Theatre of Seymour
- Play putt putt at Construction Zone (See my blog post for more info and website)
- Visit the city parks. Shields park is our favorite but you can also check out Gaiser, Kasting, freeman field, and more. Here is a link for more info on the parks. City Park Information
- Swim at the city pool! Seymour City Pool I actually met my husband there when i was 12 years old.
- Go to a production by the local theatre or participate in the Jackson County Community Theatre group. I have been in several plays and musicals and love it. Check out http://www.jcct.org/
- Visit the covered bridges in Jackson County. http://www.jacksoncountyin.com/bridges.htm
- Go to the Jackson County History Center and Museum http://www.jchistorycenter.org/
- Check out the John Mellencamp Driving Tour. Call the visitor center at 888-524-1914 for info.
- See the exhibits at the Southern Indiana Center for the Arts or sign up for classes http://www.soinart.com/exhibits.html The antique printing press is really very cool.
- Visit the local winery and do some tasting! http://www.chateaudepique.com/
- Head to the races at the Brownstown Speedway (see my blog post)
- Brownstown also has a very nice city pool and I really like their Dairy Queen. Their DQ is open year round. We go there on our way to see our daughter Savannah in Bedford.
- Go camping or fishing at Starve Hollow http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/4819.htm in Vallonia or at the forestry in Brownstown, also known as the Jackson-Washington State forest. Check out skyline drive for sure! See more info at http://www.stateparks.com/jacksonwashington.html I remember having cook-outs here as a child and they are some of my favorite memories!
|Newport on the levee in Kentucky|
|Newport: Hunter took this pic ;)|